Monday, February 23, 2009

A Good Day

I'm just happy today. I don't know why. I have nothing in particular to be happy about. Of course, I have nothing in particular to be unhappy about, either. Maybe it's because Sweetpea's birthday celebrations are finally all complete, and I have nothing else to do with that. No, that couldn't be it because we still have thank you notes to write. Maybe it's because I actually enjoyed making Sweetpea's birthday cake - twice - and didn't even get frustrated with it. Maybe it's the excitement of actually wanting to do something to get my house more in order, unpack more boxes and start on a home improvement project. Maybe it's an adrenaline rush because we are finally going to fight the pain-in-the-butt attorney that makes life at the office miserable weekly, if not daily. Maybe, that's it, maybe not. Maybe it's because I got to do some cross stitch finally this weekend, and Mom's santa is one step closer to being complete. Maybe it's because I got a comment from a new reader and follower of my blog (Hi PJ! Welcome aboard!) Always makes me feel good to get repeated hits from people I don't know - I wonder why this is. Maybe I'm happy because I finally, finally got all of the post-dated blog posts I had started finished and actually posted, and I feel like I'm accomplishing something. Maybe I'm happy because this morning I was able to get Sweetpea out of bed, dressed, ready for school and delivered to the front door on time with no yelling whatsoever. Maybe I'm happy because my baby is happy. Maybe it's everything combined. Or maybe it is just a plain 'ol, nothing special, all around good day.

Whatever it is, I wish the same to all of you! Have a good day!

No comments: