Sunday, November 23, 2008

Addendum

I've been reminded of a few things I left off my last post. Thanks to my friend Em, I was reminded that you know you've gotten old when:
  • The toys you played with as a child are having their 25th Anniversary celebrations.
FYI, Cabbage Kids now have their 25th anniversary dolls out. There's one on my Christmas list. Another thing that came to me while recently reading about the planets with Sweetpea was, you know you've gotten old when:
  • You've actually heard yourself say "When I was your age, Pluto was a planet."
Also, with the descending of the holiday season upon us, it occurred to me that you know you've gotten old when:
  • The phrase "requires some assembly" has taken on a whole new meaning.
  • For you, Christmas is usually more work than fun, and is sometimes just another day.
And, for that matter, you know you've gotten old when:
  • Your birthday is just another day, but it perplexes you when other people don't celebrate theirs.
I suspect there will be many, many more revelations of this sort, and once they present themselves I will be certain to share them with you. Happy growing old to you!

No comments: