Friday, December 26, 2008

Snowpeople Unite!

I came across an article today about a giant snowman in Anchorage, Alaska, named Snowzilla. Seems due to Snowzilla's sheer height, which has gotten larger each year for the last three years, the city of Anchorage has put an injunction on the building of him for future years to come. Aside from the ridiculousness of such an injunction, I was especially stricken by the realization that it seems the Anchorage City Counsel has absolutely nothing better to do than ban a snowman. What a sad, sad commentary of our times.

Anyhoo, the article linked me to a website rallying to save Snowzilla. I especially liked this page, that documents a protest held by other snowpeople in the community. How genius is this? :-) Go ahead, look around. Enjoy yourself. I did...

2 comments:

PJ said...

Just discovered your blog this morning while hunting for a Pokemon Cake for my grandson's 6th birthday. I think I'm going to be way over my head with this one, I have never used fondant, I go out of my way to avoid it. I'm at mjehle10234@aol.com, if you have time to share hints. I have a blog, but I think I'm quite boring and no one would believe the "I Love Lucy Life" that just seems to happen with 6 grown children and 11 rather small to tiny grandchildren (hence I'm ALWAYS baking and knitting). I have one 7 year old grandson, who loves to volunteer me for every school function, I've become the cupcake grandma. Your cakes are really beautiful, love the garden cake (I appreciate talent, because I KNOW how difficult it is). You sound like a fun person. Hope you get back to blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hey Janci! Great blog, but you need some more posts :o)